London To Edinburgh Train Journey Information
London To Edinburgh Train Times
- 05:454h 23mDirect10:08London Kings CrossEdinburgh (Waverley)
- 06:154h 59mDirect11:14London Kings CrossEdinburgh (Waverley)
- 06:166h 2mDirect12:18London EustonEdinburgh (Waverley)
- 07:004h 20mDirect11:20London Kings CrossEdinburgh (Waverley)
- 07:304h 42mDirect12:12London Kings CrossEdinburgh (Waverley)
- Q:How long does it take to travel from London to Edinburgh by train?Average journey time5h 36mAverage journey time5h 36m
- Q:How much does the train from London to Edinburgh cost?Train fares from£9.90Train fares from£9.90
- Q:What is the fastest journey from London to Edinburgh by train?Fastest route4h 20mFastest route4h 20m
- Q:What time does the last train from London to Edinburgh leave?Last train23:50Last train23:50
- Q:When can I catch the first train from London to Edinburgh?First train05:45First train05:45
- Q:How many trains a day are there from London to Edinburgh?Trains per day56Trains per day56
- Q:Which train company operates London to Edinburgh?Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Caledonian Sleeper, NorthernTrain operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Caledonian Sleeper, Northern
London To Edinburgh Train FAQs
London To Edinburgh Train
Edinburgh is a famous cultural city in Britain and the capital of Scotland. It is located on the east coast of Scotland and built on a rocky cliff. The city of Edinburgh is not big. You can walk the whole city in two or three hours on foot. If you are used to a modern city full of skyscrapers, and then come to Edinburgh, you will find that the contrast is very big. Skyscrapers basically can’t be seen in Edinburgh, here are all some old buildings. The city of Edinburgh is small, with a population of only hundreds of thousands; however, the number of people who visit Edinburgh every year is many times the number of locals. Especially during the festival held in Edinburgh, the streets are full of tourists from all over the world, as many as millions.
London To Edinburgh Train Times Information
The average journey time between London and Edinburgh is 5 hours and 20 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 41 trains travelling from London to Edinburgh. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.
Direct trains from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley are operated by London North Eastern Railway (LNER) and run approximately every half hour, departing on the hour and 30m past. The fastest service takes around 4h 20m to reach Edinburgh. Alternatively, you can take a slower indirect service and change at York, taking around 5h 5m.
London To Edinburgh By First Class Train
Take a First Class train from London to Edinburgh and experience the best in luxury UK train travel. Whether travelling on the West Coastline (Avanti West Coast trains) or East Coastline (LNER), there are some key benefits you can look forward to that are generally similar for each train company.
Bigger, comfier seats with tables allowing you to relax or work on the go
Fast, complimentary WiFi connections
Access to power sockets and USB sockets at every seat
Access to exclusive First Class lounges at London Euston (Avanti), London Kings Cross (LNER) and Edinburgh (LNER)
Complimentary food and drink, ranging from snacks to two-course meals depending on the service
So, while the price of the ticket may be higher, you can still get great value given back to you through the complimentary food (no packed lunches!), WiFi, and the added degree of comfort. What’s not to like? Don’t forget to book your First Class tickets in advance – you could save money by planning ahead!
When booking your train ticket, reserve a seat on the right-hand side of the train on the way to Edinburgh so you can enjoy the fantastic views available on this line.
Cheap train tickets from London to Edinburgh tickets
If you’re looking for a return train journey, check out the train from Edinburgh to London. TrainPal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from London to Edinburgh for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from London to Edinburgh, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with TrainPal. You can even use TrainPal App to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.
What are my ticket options for this journey?
Looking for cheap train tickets on London to Edinburgh routes? We've got you covered! Check out the suggestions below and discover tips you can use to save on your next train journey.
Advance train tickets
Anytime train tickets
1st Class train tickets
GroupSave train tickets
Off-peak and Super Off-peak train tickets
Return train tickets
Flexible train tickets
Looking for more Cheap train tickets ideas?
There are so many places all across the UK and Europe that you can travel to cheaply by train. Tap on the links below to find out more.
Your money-saving, rail & bus ticketing App