London To Oxford Train Journey Information
London To Oxford Train Times
- 00:011h 14mDirect01:15London MaryleboneOxford
- 00:321h 14mDirect01:46London PaddingtonOxford
- 05:051h 2mDirect06:07London PaddingtonOxford
- 05:351h 11m1 Change06:46London PaddingtonOxford
- 05:4552m1 Change06:37London PaddingtonOxford
- Q:How long does it take to travel from London to Oxford by train?Average journey time1h 9mAverage journey time1h 9m
- Q:How much does the train from London to Oxford cost?Train fares from£5.00Train fares from£5.00
- Q:What is the fastest journey from London to Oxford by train?Fastest route44mFastest route44m
- Q:What time does the last train from London to Oxford leave?Last train23:56Last train23:56
- Q:When can I catch the first train from London to Oxford?First train00:01First train00:01
- Q:How many trains a day are there from London to Oxford?Trains per day100Trains per day100
- Q:Which train company operates London to Oxford?Train operatorsElizabeth line, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, Great Western RailwayTrain operatorsElizabeth line, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, Great Western Railway
London To Oxford Train FAQs
London To Oxford Train
Oxford, a city located on the upper bank of the Thames in the United Kingdom, is famous for its more than 30 Oxford University colleges scattered throughout the city.
As one of the world's leading academic centres, Oxford receives a continuous flow of tourists every day. The status of world-renowned universities and world-famous monuments make it an extremely dream city.
Oxford To London Train Times Information
The distance between London and Oxford is 52 miles. The average journey time between London and Oxford is 1 hour and 7 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 118 trains travelling from London to Oxford. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 44 minutes. The first train from London to Oxford departs at 03:59. The last train from London to Oxford departs at 01:10. It is possible to travel from Oxford to London without having to change trains. We usually find around 70 direct trains on the route from London to Oxford every weekday. Trains are typically more frequent on weekends when we found around 92 departures. You’ll find a range of meals, snacks, and drinks on Great Western Railway trains, including breakfast, sandwiches, hot food, and a variety of hot and cold beverages. Most services also offer free WiFi.
Train tickets from Oxford to London can start from as little as £5 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
Cheap train tickets from London to Oxford tickets
If you’re looking for a return train journey, check out the train from Oxford to London. TrainPal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from London to Oxford for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from London to Oxford, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with TrainPal. You can even use TrainPal App to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.
What are my ticket options for this journey?
Looking for cheap train tickets on London to Oxford routes? We've got you covered! Check out the suggestions below and discover tips you can use to save on your next train journey.
Advance train tickets
Anytime train tickets
1st Class train tickets
GroupSave train tickets
Off-peak and Super Off-peak train tickets
Return train tickets
Flexible train tickets
Looking for more Cheap train tickets ideas?
There are so many places all across the UK and Europe that you can travel to cheaply by train. Tap on the links below to find out more.
Your money-saving, rail & bus ticketing App