Birmingham to London
Birmingham To London Train Times
- 05:151h 55mDirect07:10Birmingham Moor StreetLondon Marylebone
- 05:301h 33mDirect07:03Birmingham New StreetLondon Euston
- 05:351h 49m1 Change07:24Birmingham New StreetLondon Euston
- 05:352h 3mDirect07:38Birmingham New StreetLondon Euston
- 05:452h 1mDirect07:46Birmingham Moor StreetLondon Marylebone
- Q:How long does it take to travel from Birmingham to London by train?A:It takes around 1 hour 52 minutes by train from Birmingham to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time1h 52mAverage journey time1h 52m
- Q:How much does the train from Birmingham to London cost?A:Train tickets from Birmingham to London cost as little as £6.40 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£6.40Train fares from£6.40
- Q:What is the fastest journey from Birmingham to London by train?A:The fastest train will get you from Birmingham to London in 1 hour 19 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 02 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route1h 19mFastest route1h 19m
- Q:What time does the last train from Birmingham to London leave?A:The last train from Birmingham to London departs at 23:11. Don’t miss it!Last train23:11Last train23:11
- Q:When can I catch the first train from Birmingham to London?A:The first train leaves Birmingham at 05:15. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train05:15First train05:15
- Q:How many trains a day are there from Birmingham to London?A:On an average weekday, around 128 trains travel from Birmingham to London. The first train departs Birmingham (any) some time after 05:15 with departures continuing at intervals, until 23:11.Trains per day128Trains per day128
- Q:Which train company operates Birmingham to London?A:There are a number of UK train companies that operate cheap trains to Edinburgh, including Avanti West Coast, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, West Midlands Trains.Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, West Midlands TrainsTrain operatorsAvanti West Coast, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, West Midlands Trains
Birmingham To London Train FAQs
Birmingham To London Train
The distance between Birmingham and London is 101 miles. The average journey time between Birmingham and London is 2 hours and 1 minute. On an average weekday, there are 218 trains travelling from Birmingham to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 13 minutes. It is possible to travel from Birmingham to London without having to change trains. The first train from Birmingham to London departs at 04:15. The last train from Birmingham to London departs at 23:10. With around three direct trains from Birmingham to London per hour to choose from, it's always easy to find a suitable departure time. In fact, there are hundreds of trains between the two cities each week and a typical journey normally takes about one hour and 30 minutes.
The departure and arrival stations for trains from Birmingham to London
Departure train station: Virgin Trains services from Birmingham to London normally depart from New Street Station. It is Birmingham's main station and easy to reach by bus or taxi. Access to trains from London is from the upper level, which is serviced by escalators and elevators. Some trains also leave Birmingham Moor Street Station which is just a short walk from New Street and also well served by local buses.
Arrival train station: Trains to London from Birmingham mainly terminate at Euston Station. Euston is just a few minute's walks from King's Cross Station and from the Eurostar links at St Pancras International. Travellers can take the underground (Victoria and Northern lines) to their final destination or catch one of the many buses that stop by the station concourse. Services provided by carriers like Chiltern Railways might arrive at Marylebone Station or St Pancras Station. Both stations are close to bus stops and taxi stands.
Train tickets from Birmingham to London can start from as little as £5.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
Cheap train tickets from Birmingham to London tickets
If you’re looking for a return train journey, check out the train from London to Birmingham. TrainPal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from Birmingham to London for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from Birmingham to London, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with TrainPal. You can even use TrainPal App to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.
What are my ticket options for this journey?
Looking for cheap train tickets on Birmingham to London routes? We've got you covered! Check out the suggestions below and discover tips you can use to save on your next train journey.
Advance train tickets
Anytime train tickets
1st Class train tickets
GroupSave train tickets
Off-peak and Super Off-peak train tickets
Return train tickets
Flexible train tickets
Looking for more Cheap train tickets ideas?
There are so many places all across the UK and Europe that you can travel to cheaply by train. Tap on the links below to find out more.