Leeds To London Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£18.50
- Trains per dayAround 35
- Average journey time2h 44m
- Fastest route2h 1m
- Train operatorsLondon North Eastern Railway, Grand Central Railway, Northern, Transpennine Express, East Midlands Railway, Hull Trains
Leeds To London Train Times
- 05:30Direct08:08LeedsLondon Kings Cross2h 38m
- 06:40Direct09:29LeedsLondon Kings Cross2h 49m
- 07:41Direct10:34LeedsLondon Kings Cross2h 53m
- 08:46Direct11:33LeedsLondon Kings Cross2h 47m
- 10:45Direct13:29LeedsLondon Kings Cross2h 44m
- How long does it take to travel from Leeds to London by train?It takes around 2 hours 44 minutes by train from Leeds to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time2h 44m
- How much does the train from Leeds to London cost?Train tickets from Leeds to London cost as little as £18.50 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£18.50
- What is the fastest journey from Leeds to London by train?The fastest train will get you from Leeds to London in 2 hours 1 minute. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 10 hours 35 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route2h 1m
- What time does the last train from Leeds to London leave?The last train from Leeds to London departs at 10:18. Don’t miss it!Last train10:18
- When can I catch the first train from Leeds to London?The first train leaves Leeds at 23:31. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train23:31
- How many trains a day are there from Leeds to London?On an average weekday, around 35 trains travel from Leeds to London. The first train departs Leeds some time after 23:31 with departures continuing at intervals, until 10:18.Trains per day35
- East Coast
- Grand Central
- London North Eastern Railway
- Virgin East Coast
Leeds To London Train FAQs
Leeds To London Train
Leeds is the third-largest city in the United Kingdom and the capital of West Yorkshire, England. The city of Leeds is the second-largest financial center and the second largest legal center in the United Kingdom. It is an important economic, commercial, industrial, and cultural center in central England. It is one of the eight core cities in England. It is located between the geographic center of the United Kingdom, London, and Edinburgh. It is an important transportation hub in the UK.
Leeds To London Train Time Information
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) provides daily direct trains from Leeds to London King's Cross Station. In addition, East Midlands Trains operate direct services to London St Pancras. Indirect connections involve taking Northern Rail or Transpennine Express services to York, connecting with LNER or Grand Central Trains departures south to London. The distance between Leeds and London is 169 miles. It is possible to travel from Leeds to London without having to change trains. We usually find around 35 direct trains on the route from Leeds to London every weekday. Trains are typically more frequent on weekends when we found around 38 departures. You can search for the timetable on Trainpal. The average journey time between Leeds and London is 3 hours 9 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 48 trains traveling from Leeds to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 59 minutes. The first train from Leeds to London departs at 04:05. The last train from Leeds to London departs at 20:45. Of the 13 trains that leave Leeds for London every day 9 travel direct so it’s quite easy to avoid journeys where you’ll have to change along the way.
How To Find The Cheapest Train Tickets?
More than one train company operates on the route from Leeds to London, so you’ll be traveling with one or more of the following rail operators:
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour. The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Leeds to London are $19.98. Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around $29 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around $36. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking for around 3 months in advance. If the booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Leeds to London by train.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.