London To Manchester Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£33.00
- Trains per dayAround 32
- Average journey time2h 56m
- Fastest route2h 5m
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, Northern, Transpennine Express, East Midlands Railway, West Midlands Trains, Transport For Wales Rail
London To Manchester Train Times
- 06:16Direct08:27London EustonManchester Piccadilly2h 11m
- 07:20Direct09:27London EustonManchester Piccadilly2h 7m
- 08:20Direct10:27London EustonManchester Piccadilly2h 7m
- 09:20Direct11:27London EustonManchester Piccadilly2h 7m
- 10:20Direct12:27London EustonManchester Piccadilly2h 7m
- How long does it take to travel from London to Manchester by train?It takes around 2 hours 56 minutes by train from London to Manchester. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time2h 56m
- How much does the train from London to Manchester cost?Train tickets from London to Manchester cost as little as £33.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£33.00
- What is the fastest journey from London to Manchester by train?The fastest train will get you from London to Manchester in 2 hours 5 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 12 hours 28 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route2h 5m
- What time does the last train from London to Manchester leave?The last train from London to Manchester departs at 15:40. Don’t miss it!Last train15:40
- When can I catch the first train from London to Manchester?The first train leaves London at 14:40. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train14:40
- How many trains a day are there from London to Manchester?On an average weekday, around 32 trains travel from London to Manchester. The first train departs London Euston some time after 14:40 with departures continuing at intervals, until 15:40.Trains per day32
London To Manchester Train FAQs
London To Manchester Train
Manchester is the second-largest city in the UK and has a completely different feeling from London. In Manchester, regardless of football, music, art, industry, and even shopping, it can actually become a "party". No wonder this place can be called "24-hour party town".
Train Time From London To Manchester
The distance between London and Manchester is 163 miles. The average journey time between London and Manchester is 2 hours 35 minutes. The quickest route is 2hours 7minutes. On an average weekday, there are about 88 trains traveling from London to Manchester, leaving approximately every 14 minutes. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.
Taking the train is the most popular way to travel from London to Manchester. Trains traveling from London to Manchester depart from London's Euston train station and take approximately 2 hours to arrive at Manchester's Picadilly train station. You can travel from London to Manchester without changing trains. Find direct trains to Manchester with our online journey planner. The first train leaves at 05:31 from London to Manchester, the last train from London to Manchester departs at 23:34, and you can buy your tickets in advance online or on mytrainpal to avoid rushing on the day.
How To Find Cheap Train Tickets From London To Manchester
Do you think First Class tickets are always more expensive? Think again. Depending on when you book, First Class tickets can sometimes be cheaper than Standard Class, so keep an eye out to enjoy a luxurious journey from London to Manchester for less.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save – we’ll help you find the cheapest tickets.
Book in advance
Save up to 61%** when you book in advance. Look out for Advance tickets – they usually come out up to 12 weeks before the departure date.
Consider a Season Ticket
If you catch this train more than 3 times per week, you could save money with a Season Ticket. With annual, monthly, and weekly options available, find out if a season ticket for London to Manchester is right for you.
Use your Railcard
National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets in the UK and can be a great investment if you travel a few times or more in a year. Find out how you can save with a National Railcard.
London to Manchester train tickets can cost as little as $49 (€42), especially when you book tickets for this route in advance. Mytrainpal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from London to Manchester for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from London to Manchester, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with Trainpal. You can even use our app to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.