Liverpool (any) To London (any) Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£12.50
- Trains per dayAround 51
- Changes2 Changes
- Average journey time3h 32m
- Fastest route2h 3m
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Northern, West Midlands Trains, Merseyrail
Liverpool (any) To London (any) Train Times
- 08:18Direct11:04Liverpool Lime StLondon Euston2h 46m
- 08:38Direct11:34Liverpool Lime StLondon Euston2h 56m
- 09:38Direct12:30Liverpool Lime StLondon Euston2h 52m
- 10:38Direct13:32Liverpool Lime StLondon Euston2h 54m
- 11:47Direct14:27Liverpool Lime StLondon Euston2h 40m
- How long does it take to travel from Liverpool (any) to London (any) by train?It takes around 3 hours 32 minutes by train from Liverpool (any) to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time3h 32m
- How much does the train from Liverpool (any) to London (any) cost?Train tickets from Liverpool (any) to London (any) cost as little as £12.50 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£12.50
- What is the fastest journey from Liverpool (any) to London (any) by train?The fastest train will get you from Liverpool (any) to London (any) in 2 hours 3 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 010 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route2h 3m
- What time does the last train from Liverpool (any) to London (any) leave?The last train from Liverpool (any) to London (any) departs at 20:48. Don’t miss it!Last train20:48
- When can I catch the first train from Liverpool (any) to London (any)?The first train leaves Liverpool (any) at 08:18. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train08:18
- How many trains a day are there from Liverpool (any) to London (any)?On an average weekday, around 51 trains travel from Liverpool (any) to London (any). The first train departs Liverpool (any) some time after 08:18 with departures continuing at intervals, until 20:48.Trains per day51
- Tables so you can eat and drink in a more refined manner, or work on the go
- Fast, reliable WiFi
- Power sockets at every seat, so you can keep all your gadgets charged up
- Complimentary food and drink
Liverpool (any) To London (any) Train FAQs
Liverpool To London Train
The distance between Liverpool and London is 178 miles, it is possible to travel from Liverpool to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner to get direct train times from Liverpool to London.
Liverpool To London Train Times Information
The average journey time between London and Liverpool is 3 hours 2 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 62 trains travelling from London to Liverpool. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 2 hours 1 minute. The first train from Liverpool to London departs at 04:27. The last train from Liverpool to London departs at 21:21.
Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) operate a direct service from London to Liverpool Lime Street departing at every 7 minutes past the hour, taking 2h 12m. There’s also a direct West Midlands Trains service, although this stops at more stations along the way and takes around 3h 54m. You can also travel from Liverpool to London via an indirect service, leaving at every 10 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour and changing at Crewe to hop on a West Midlands Trains service, which takes around 2h 33m.
If you’re travelling on a direct Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) service, the onboard food shop serves hot and cold drinks and snacks. Free WiFi is available on all Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains), as well as free films, TV programs, magazines and games via their Avanti Media entertainment service on Voyager trains. Travelling in First Class? You’ll enjoy complimentary at-seat dining during your journey (Monday to Friday only).
Liverpool To London By First Class Train
Tired of travelling in Standard? Why not treat yourself to an upgrade and take a First Class Avanti West Coast train from Liverpool to London? Not only will you be more comfortable on your journey, but you’ll also get to enjoy a bunch of other perks including:
Now, this might just blow your mind, but on odd occasions, First Class tickets can end up cheaper than Standard tickets! That’s right – so always check First Class prices when booking your tickets. You never know, you might end up with an unexpected treat.
Train tickets from Liverpool to London can start from as little as £12 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times and prices for train travel in Europe. Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.
- •Save up to 90% with powerful split-ticket!
- •Enjoy deals and vouchers, save on every booking!
- •Want 1/3 off tickets? Buy a low-price Railcard!