Cambridge To London (any) Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£8.00
- Trains per dayAround 282
- Changes1 Change
- Average journey time1h 12m
- Fastest route49m
- Train operatorsGreat Northern, Greater Anglia, Thameslink, LNER
Cambridge To London (any) Train Times
- 07:31Direct08:44CambridgeLondon Liverpool Street1h 13m
- 07:50Direct09:14CambridgeLondon Liverpool Street1h 24m
- 07:55Direct09:20CambridgeLondon Kings Cross1h 25m
- 08:22Direct09:11CambridgeLondon Kings Cross49m
- 08:28Direct09:33CambridgeLondon St Pancras International1h 5m
- How long does it take to travel from Cambridge to London (any) by train?It takes around 1 hour 12 minutes by train from Cambridge to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time1h 12m
- How much does the train from Cambridge to London (any) cost?Train tickets from Cambridge to London (any) cost as little as £8.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£8.00
- What is the fastest journey from Cambridge to London (any) by train?The fastest train will get you from Cambridge to London (any) in 049 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 01 minute travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route49m
- What time does the last train from Cambridge to London (any) leave?The last train from Cambridge to London (any) departs at 23:54. Don’t miss it!Last train23:54
- When can I catch the first train from Cambridge to London (any)?The first train leaves Cambridge at 04:48. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train04:48
- How many trains a day are there from Cambridge to London (any)?On an average weekday, around 282 trains travel from Cambridge to London (any). The first train departs Cambridge some time after 04:48 with departures continuing at intervals, until 23:54.Trains per day282
Cambridge To London (any) Train FAQs
Cambridge To London Train
Cambridge (Cambridge) originally meant "the bridge over the sword river". Cambridge is famous for its outstanding natural science achievements and is one of the best university cities in the world. Although filled with a strong academic atmosphere, it is still a modern city with a prosperous business.
Cambridge To London Train Times Information
The distance between Cambridge and London is 49 miles. It is possible to travel from Cambridge to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner to get direct train times from Cambridge to London. The average journey time between Cambridge and London is 1 hour 15 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 301 trains traveling from Cambridge to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 48 minutes. The first train from Cambridge to London departs at 03:48. The last train from Cambridge to London departs at 00:15. Trains from Cambridge to London are popular with travelers in the UK. London-bound train routes depart from Cambridge every 5 - 15 minutes throughout the day. Trains from Cambridge to London are direct, and passengers can arrive in just under an hour (although journey times vary, and can last up to about an hour and a half). Trains from Cambridge to London depart from Cambridge Station, the city's main railway station, which is located on Station Road, just under 2 km south-east of the city center. The busiest station in East England, there are ample facilities for storing bicycles, as well as a large car park with space for taxis to pick up and drop off passengers traveling to the station by car.
How To Get The Cheapest Tickets?
Travel by train to London easily. Whether you want fast, cheap, or something entirely different, our travel experts have collected everything you need to know so you can find the best option from Cambridge to London.
Book in advance.
Save up to 61% when you book in advance. Look out for Advance tickets – they usually come out up to 12 weeks before the departure date.
Consider a Season Ticket.
If you catch this train more than 3 times per week, you could save money with a Season Ticket. With annual, monthly and weekly options available, find out if a season ticket for Cambridge to London is right for you.
Use your Railcard.
National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets in the UK and can be a great investment if you travel a few times or more in a year. Find out how you can save with a National Railcard.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times and prices for train travel. Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.
- •Save up to 90% with powerful split-ticket!
- •Enjoy deals and vouchers, save on every booking!
- •Want 1/3 off tickets? Buy a low-price Railcard!