Glasgow To London Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£56.50
- Trains per dayAround 18
- Average journey time6h 30m
- Fastest route4h 34m
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, London North Eastern Railway, Northern, Scotrail
Glasgow To London Train Times
- 17:38Direct22:47Glasgow CentralLondon Euston5h 9m
- How long does it take to travel from Glasgow to London by train?It takes around 6 hours 30 minutes by train from Glasgow to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time6h 30m
- How much does the train from Glasgow to London cost?Train tickets from Glasgow to London cost as little as £56.50 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£56.50
- What is the fastest journey from Glasgow to London by train?The fastest train will get you from Glasgow to London in 4 hours 34 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 15 hours 45 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route4h 34m
- What time does the last train from Glasgow to London leave?The last train from Glasgow to London departs at 10:40. Don’t miss it!Last train10:40
- When can I catch the first train from Glasgow to London?The first train leaves Glasgow at 13:35. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train13:35
- How many trains a day are there from Glasgow to London?On an average weekday, around 18 trains travel from Glasgow to London. The first train departs Glasgow Central some time after 13:35 with departures continuing at intervals, until 10:40.Trains per day18
Glasgow To London Train FAQs
Glasgow To London Train
Glasgow To London Train Times Information
The distance between Glasgow and London is about 345 miles. The average journey time between Glasgow and London is 5 hours 31 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 36 trains traveling from Glasgow to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 4 hours 28 minutes. The first train from Glasgow to London departs at 03:26, and the last train from Glasgow to London departs at 18:40. It is possible to travel from Glasgow to London without having to change trains.
Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) operates a direct service to London Euston from Glasgow Central which takes just under 4.5 hours. London North Eastern Railway (LNER) runs a slower service which takes around 6 hours. You can also travel on an indirect route, changing at Crewe, which takes around 5h 2m to reach London.
LNER trains offer a range of hot and cold drinks and snacks from their onboard café bar during your journey. There’s also free WiFi available and a trolley service until 22:00 on weekdays and 21:00 on weekends. You can enjoy a complimentary meal served to your seat during weekdays traveling by First Class tickets.
Glasgow To London Train Tickets
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
Train tickets from Glasgow to London can start from as little as £27 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
National Railcards can save you a lot if you're using the train. Depending on your age and your situation, you are able to get one of the five existing railcards: Disabled persons, 16-25, Two together, Senior or Family and Friends railcards. Railcards can help you pay less for your Glasgow London train ticket.
For your assessment, you have to include the railcard cost, for instance, £30, your savings on each trip (i.e.: 34%), and the cost of your ticket. The average price of a Glasgow London ticket is £80.29.
Divide the railcard cost by saving: £30/34%= £88. Now divide £88 by £80.29: £88/£80.29 = 1.1. It will take you about 2 trips from London to Glasgow (one-way journey) with your railcard to break even.
The cost to get a Disabled person railcard is £20 while it will cost you £30 to buy a 16-25, Two together, Family and Friends or the Senior Railcard. All of them enable you to get a third off most rail fares for a complete year.
Search on Trainpal to check prices and cheapest train tickets from Glasgow to London. Easily find the most attractive rates and choose your preferred route for your journey. Book and choose your mobile ticket, avoiding the queues at the station.