London To Glasgow Train Journey Information
London To Glasgow Train Times
- 08:476h 13m1 Change15:00London EustonGlasgow Central
- 08:525h 27m1 Change14:19London Kings CrossGlasgow Queen Street
- 09:005h 19m1 Change14:19London Kings CrossGlasgow Queen Street
- 09:466h 19m1 Change16:05London EustonGlasgow Central
- 10:005h 15m1 Change15:15London Kings CrossGlasgow Queen Street
- Q:How long does it take to travel from London to Glasgow by train?A:It takes around 7 hours 22 minutes by train from London to Glasgow. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time7h 22mAverage journey time7h 22m
- Q:How much does the train from London to Glasgow cost?A:Train tickets from London to Glasgow cost as little as £31.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£31.00Train fares from£31.00
- Q:What is the fastest journey from London to Glasgow by train?A:The fastest train will get you from London to Glasgow in 5 hours 15 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 013 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route5h 15mFastest route5h 15m
- Q:What time does the last train from London to Glasgow leave?A:The last train from London to Glasgow departs at 23:40. Don’t miss it!Last train23:40Last train23:40
- Q:When can I catch the first train from London to Glasgow?A:The first train leaves London at 08:47. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train08:47First train08:47
- Q:How many trains a day are there from London to Glasgow?A:On an average weekday, around 37 trains travel from London to Glasgow. The first train departs London (any) some time after 08:47 with departures continuing at intervals, until 23:40.Trains per day37Trains per day37
- Q:Which train company operates London to Glasgow?A:There are a number of UK train companies that operate cheap trains to Edinburgh, including Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Caledonian Sleeper, ScotRail.Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Caledonian Sleeper, ScotRailTrain operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Caledonian Sleeper, ScotRail
London To Glasgow Train FAQs
London To Glasgow Train
The distance between London and Glasgow Central is 345 miles. The average journey time between London and Glasgow Central is 5 hours 38 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 32 trains travelling from London to Glasgow Central. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 4 hours 29 minutes. The first train from London to Glasgow Central departs at 04:24. The last train from London to Glasgow Central departs at 20:30.
A Review Of London To Glasgow By Train
One of the most popular routes on the Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) network is London Euston to Glasgow Central. Taking a little over 4 hours, this service takes passengers out of London Euston station, passing through stations such as Preston, Warrington and Carlisle along the way. With a journey distance of 412 miles, London to Glasgow no longer has to be a daunting drive or time-consuming flight.
The train journey is typically served by a Pendolino, offering speed and a smooth ride, while also incorporating comfortable seats and plenty of window space to see the fantastic views as you enter Scotland. There is a buffet carriage available on the train, serving hot and cold drinks and food, along with alcoholic beverages and plenty of snacks to keep you going.
Arriving At Glasgow Central
Glasgow Central station is situated in the heart of the city centre and is just a short walk to the shops and Glasgow Queens Street station if you need to connect to another train. Glasgow Central train station has 17 platforms, which include 2 on a separate lower level. The station has 3 separate ticket offices, along with machines situated near each one. There are also a few boutique stores inside the station, so if you left anything in London or want to buy something as a memento as you leave, there is plenty of choice inside the station.
One thing to remember is that if you use a cash machine, the money will look very different to that in the rest of the UK. Don’t panic, it is still British pounds, and you can use it anywhere in the UK.
Things To Do In Glasgow
Glasgow offers a great deal of diversity when it comes to attractions. If you are visiting to see the local culture, then the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a must-see. Furthermore, the Glasgow Cathedral is great to take in some history of the city. If you are there to see an Old Firm Derby between Rangers and Celtic, Ibrox and Celtic Park stadium are just short bus trips from Glasgow Central Station.
Cheap train tickets from London to Glasgow tickets
If you’re looking for a return train journey, check out the train from Glasgow to London. TrainPal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from London to Glasgow for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from London to Glasgow, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with TrainPal. You can even use TrainPal App to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.
What are my ticket options for this journey?
Looking for cheap train tickets on London to Glasgow routes? We've got you covered! Check out the suggestions below and discover tips you can use to save on your next train journey.
Advance train tickets
Anytime train tickets
1st Class train tickets
GroupSave train tickets
Off-peak and Super Off-peak train tickets
Return train tickets
Flexible train tickets
Looking for more Cheap train tickets ideas?
There are so many places all across the UK and Europe that you can travel to cheaply by train. Tap on the links below to find out more.