London (any) To Glasgow (any) Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£21.00
- Trains per dayAround 35
- Changes2 Changes
- Average journey time5h 32m
- Fastest route4h 39m
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, ScotRail, LNER
London (any) To Glasgow (any) Train Times
- 05:31Direct10:37London EustonGlasgow Central5h 6m
- 07:30Direct12:02London EustonGlasgow Central4h 32m
- 08:30Direct13:03London EustonGlasgow Central4h 33m
- 09:30Direct14:02London EustonGlasgow Central4h 32m
- 10:30Direct15:16London EustonGlasgow Central4h 46m
- How long does it take to travel from London (any) to Glasgow (any) by train?It takes around 5 hours 32 minutes by train from London (any) to Glasgow (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time5h 32m
- How much does the train from London (any) to Glasgow (any) cost?Train tickets from London (any) to Glasgow (any) cost as little as £21.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£21.00
- What is the fastest journey from London (any) to Glasgow (any) by train?The fastest train will get you from London (any) to Glasgow (any) in 4 hours 39 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 011 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route4h 39m
- What time does the last train from London (any) to Glasgow (any) leave?The last train from London (any) to Glasgow (any) departs at 19:10. Don’t miss it!Last train19:10
- When can I catch the first train from London (any) to Glasgow (any)?The first train leaves London (any) at 05:31. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train05:31
- How many trains a day are there from London (any) to Glasgow (any)?On an average weekday, around 35 trains travel from London (any) to Glasgow (any). The first train departs London (any) some time after 05:31 with departures continuing at intervals, until 19:10.Trains per day35
London (any) To Glasgow (any) Train FAQs
London To Glasgow Train
The distance between London and Glasgow Central is 345 miles. The average journey time between London and Glasgow Central is 5 hours 38 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 32 trains travelling from London to Glasgow Central. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 4 hours 29 minutes. The first train from London to Glasgow Central departs at 04:24. The last train from London to Glasgow Central departs at 20:30.
A Review Of London To Glasgow By Train
One of the most popular routes on the Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) network is London Euston to Glasgow Central. Taking a little over 4 hours, this service takes passengers out of London Euston station, passing through stations such as Preston, Warrington and Carlisle along the way. With a journey distance of 412 miles, London to Glasgow no longer has to be a daunting drive or time-consuming flight.
The train journey is typically served by a Pendolino, offering speed and smooth ride, while also incorporating comfortable seats and plenty of window space to see the fantastic views as you enter Scotland. There is a buffet carriage available on the train, serving hot and cold drinks and food, along with alcoholic beverages and plenty of snacks to keep you going.
Arriving At Glasgow Central
Glasgow Central station is situated in the heart of the city centre and is just a short walk to the shops and Glasgow Queens Street station if you need to connect to another train. Glasgow Central train station has 17 platforms, which includes 2 on a separate lower level. The station has 3 separate ticket offices, along with machines situated near each one. There are also a few boutique stores inside the station, so if you left anything in London or want to buy something as a memento as you leave, there is plenty of choice inside the station.
One thing to remember is that if you use a cash machine, the money will look very different to that in the rest of the UK. Don’t panic, it is still British pounds, and you can use it anywhere in the UK.
Things To Do In Glasgow
Glasgow offers a great deal of diversity when it comes to attractions. If you are visiting to see the local culture, then the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a must-see. Furthermore, the Glasgow Cathedral is great to take in some history of the city. If you are there to see an Old Firm Derby between Rangers and Celtic, Ibrox and Celtic Park stadium are just short bus trips from Glasgow Central Station.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times and prices for train travel in Europe. Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.
- •Save up to 90% with powerful split-ticket!
- •Enjoy deals and vouchers, save on every booking!
- •Want 1/3 off tickets? Buy a low-price Railcard!