Brighton To London Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£12.80
- Trains per dayAround 110
- Average journey time1h 15m
- Fastest route1h
- Train operatorsThameslink And Gt Northern Tl, Southern
Brighton To London Train Times
- 23:13Direct00:41BrightonLondon Victoria1h 28m
- 05:18Direct06:30BrightonLondon Victoria1h 12m
- 05:39Direct06:44BrightonLondon Victoria1h 5m
- 06:12Direct07:14BrightonLondon Victoria1h 2m
- 06:42Direct07:47BrightonLondon Victoria1h 5m
- How long does it take to travel from Brighton to London by train?It takes around 1 hour 15 minutes by train from Brighton to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time1h 15m
- How much does the train from Brighton to London cost?Train tickets from Brighton to London cost as little as £12.80 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£12.80
- What is the fastest journey from Brighton to London by train?The fastest train will get you from Brighton to London in 1 hour0. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 1 hour 39 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route1h
- What time does the last train from Brighton to London leave?The last train from Brighton to London departs at 13:09. Don’t miss it!Last train13:09
- When can I catch the first train from Brighton to London?The first train leaves Brighton at 09:39. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train09:39
- How many trains a day are there from Brighton to London?On an average weekday, around 110 trains travel from Brighton to London. The first train departs Brighton some time after 09:39 with departures continuing at intervals, until 13:09.Trains per day110
Brighton To London Train FAQs
Brighton To London Train
Located on the south coast of England, less than an hour from London by train, Brighton is one of the UK's most popular destinations. Whilst it has long been known as a seaside resort, there is far more to Brighton than just fish and chips on the beach! Brighton railway station is the southern terminus of the Brighton mainline in England, and the principal station serving the city of Brighton, East Sussex.
Brighton To London Train Times Information
The distance between Brighton and London Victoria is 46 miles. It is 50 miles 49 chains (81.45 km) from London Bridge via Redhill. It is possible to travel from Brighton to London Victoria without having to change trains. Use our journey planner to get direct train times from Brighton to London Victoria. The average journey time between Brighton and London Victoria is 1 hour 24 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 126 trains traveling from Brighton to London Victoria. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 55 minutes. The first train from Brighton to London Victoria departs at 03:33. The last train from Brighton to London Victoria departs at 23:13. No sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays. With up to seven departures per hour, trains from Brighton to London are an excellent way to reach the capital from the seaside city. The route is shared between Thameslink trains, Southern Trains, and the Gatwick Express. All trains arrive at one of London's busy train stations that are centrally located with links to the London Underground and local bus routes for easy onward travel. Whenever passengers decide to travel, they won't have to wait long for the next direct train from Brighton to London.
The Stations From Brighton To London
With up to seven departures per hour, trains from Brighton to London are an excellent way to reach the capital from the seaside city. The route is shared between Thameslink trains, Southern Trains, and the Gatwick Express. All trains arrive at one of London's busy train stations that are centrally located with links to the London Underground and local bus routes for easy onward travel. Whenever passengers decide to travel, they won't have to wait long for the next direct train from Brighton to London.
Departure train station: All trains depart from Brighton Railway station. The station is less than a mile from the beach front and many other tourist attractions including Victoria Gardens and the Brighton Dome. The station is also accessible via numerous local bus routes. Within the station, passengers will find ATMs, WiFi, refreshment facilities and shops.
Arrival train station: Trains terminate at either London St. Pancras or London Victoria. St Pancras is in North London, and also provides links to Eurostar services for international travel. Both St. Pancras and Victoria have good links to both local bus routes and the London Underground lines. Victoria can be found in the heart of Westminster within walking distance of tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace and St. James' Park. Both stations have extensive facilities including shops, cafes and restaurants.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.