Oxford To London (any) Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£5.00
- Trains per dayAround 121
- Changes1 Change
- Average journey time1h 9m
- Fastest route48m
- Train operatorsChiltern Railways, CrossCountry, Great Western Railway
Oxford To London (any) Train Times
- 03:541 Change06:07OxfordLondon Paddington2h 13m
- 05:181 Change06:26OxfordLondon Paddington1h 8m
- 05:35Direct07:01OxfordLondon Marylebone1h 26m
- 05:58Direct07:29OxfordLondon Marylebone1h 31m
- 06:001 Change06:59OxfordLondon Paddington59m
- How long does it take to travel from Oxford to London (any) by train?It takes around 1 hour 9 minutes by train from Oxford to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time1h 9m
- How much does the train from Oxford to London (any) cost?Train tickets from Oxford to London (any) cost as little as £5.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£5.00
- What is the fastest journey from Oxford to London (any) by train?The fastest train will get you from Oxford to London (any) in 048 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 02 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route48m
- What time does the last train from Oxford to London (any) leave?The last train from Oxford to London (any) departs at 22:40. Don’t miss it!Last train22:40
- When can I catch the first train from Oxford to London (any)?The first train leaves Oxford at 03:54. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train03:54
- How many trains a day are there from Oxford to London (any)?On an average weekday, around 121 trains travel from Oxford to London (any). The first train departs Oxford some time after 03:54 with departures continuing at intervals, until 22:40.Trains per day121
Oxford To London (any) Train FAQs
Oxford To London Train
Oxford, a city located on the upper bank of the Thames in the United Kingdom, is famous for its more than 30 Oxford University colleges scattered throughout the city.
As one of the world's leading academic centers, Oxford receives a continuous flow of tourists every day. The status of world-renowned universities and world-famous monuments make it an extremely dream city.
London To Oxford Train Times Information
The distance between Oxford and London is 52 miles. It is possible to travel from Oxford to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Oxford to London. The average journey time between Oxford and London is 1 hour 8 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 116 trains traveling from Oxford to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 47 minutes. The first train from Oxford to London departs at 04:35. The last train from Oxford to London departs at 00:11.
Direct routes to London Paddington from Oxford courtesy of Great Western Railway run two to three times an hour, with a journey time of around 58m. There are also regular indirect services every hour, where you’ll need to change trains at either Reading or Didcot Parkway station – these services take around 1h 8m.
You’ll find a range of meals, snacks, and drinks on Great Western Railway trains, including breakfast, sandwiches, hot food, and a variety of hot and cold beverages. Most services also offer free WiFi.
How To Get The Cheapest Ticket?
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour. Train companies often offer promotional prices and offer—by buying in advance—you can get access to the best prices for trains. Search on Trainpal to check prices and cheap train tickets from Oxford - London. Easily find the most attractive rates and choose your preferred route for your journey. Book and choose your mobile ticket: avoid the queues at the station and the added stress of printing your ticket.
The rule of buying in advance to save money is not only valid when booking a flight but also for train travel. Train tickets are generally on sale 6 months before the departure date. Some train booking tips from us:
Buying your train ticket from Oxford to London 3 weeks in advance means you can save on average up to 29% compared to the price available on the day of departure.
If you book a ticket Oxford to London with 2 months in advance you save up to about 29% compared to the initial price.
By booking 3 months in advance, you could save up to 50%.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times, and prices for train travel.
Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.