London (any) To Leeds Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£10.00
- Trains per dayAround 72
- Changes3 Changes
- Average journey time2h 34m
- Fastest route2h 12m
- Train operatorsCrossCountry, Northern, Thameslink, LNER
London (any) To Leeds Train Times
- 08:481 Change11:12London Kings CrossLeeds2h 24m
- 09:03Direct11:22London Kings CrossLeeds2h 19m
- 09:301 Change12:07London Kings CrossLeeds2h 37m
- 10:07Direct12:28London Kings CrossLeeds2h 21m
- 10:301 Change13:07London Kings CrossLeeds2h 37m
- How long does it take to travel from London (any) to Leeds by train?It takes around 2 hours 34 minutes by train from London (any) to Leeds. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.Average journey time2h 34m
- How much does the train from London (any) to Leeds cost?Train tickets from London (any) to Leeds cost as little as £10.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.Train fares from£10.00
- What is the fastest journey from London (any) to Leeds by train?The fastest train will get you from London (any) to Leeds in 2 hours 12 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 04 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.Fastest route2h 12m
- What time does the last train from London (any) to Leeds leave?The last train from London (any) to Leeds departs at 21:33. Don’t miss it!Last train21:33
- When can I catch the first train from London (any) to Leeds?The first train leaves London (any) at 05:55. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.First train05:55
- How many trains a day are there from London (any) to Leeds?On an average weekday, around 72 trains travel from London (any) to Leeds. The first train departs London (any) some time after 05:55 with departures continuing at intervals, until 21:33.Trains per day72
- Buying your train ticket from London - Leeds 3 weeks in advance means you can save on average up to 29% compared to the price available on the day of departure.
- If you book a ticket London - Leeds with 2 months in advance you save up to about 29% compared to the initial price.
- By booking 3 months in advance, you could save up to 29%.
- On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times, and prices for train travel.
London (any) To Leeds Train FAQs
London To Leeds Train
Leeds is the third-largest city in the United Kingdom and the capital of West Yorkshire, England. The city of Leeds is the second-largest financial center and the second-largest legal center in the United Kingdom. It is an important economic, commercial, industrial, and cultural center in central England. It is one of the eight core cities in England. It is located between the geographic center of the United Kingdom, London, and Edinburgh. It is an important transportation hub in the UK.
London To Leeds Train Times Information
The distance between London and Leeds is 169 miles. It is possible to travel from London to Leeds without having to change trains. The average journey time between London and Leeds is 3 hours 6 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 45 trains traveling from London to Leeds. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 2 hours 10 minutes. The first train from London to Leeds departs at 04:55. The last train from London to Leeds departs at 23:33.
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) offers direct train services between London Kings Cross and Leeds at every 3 minutes and 33 minutes past the hour, taking just under 2h 30m or 2h 12m on the fastest service. New Azuma trains from LNER were introduced on the London to Leeds route in 2019. You can also travel from London to Leeds via indirect services in around 2h 30m with Grand Central Railway, TransPennine Express, or Northern Rail trains – usually with a change at York or Doncaster. LNER trains come with a variety of amenities, including free WiFi, space for five bicycles, free pet boarding, and a café/bar serving hot and cold drinks and snacks. If you’re traveling in First Class, you can enjoy at-seat dining and a complimentary meal or light bite.
The departure and arrival stations for trains from London to Leeds:
Departure train station: London King's Cross Station is situated on the northern side of central London, with Underground connections on six lines, bus services from Euston Road and a taxi stand at the front of the station. East Midlands Trains departures are from St Pancras, adjacent to King's Cross.
Arrival train station: Leeds Leeds Station has situated a five-minute walk southwest of the city's central shopping area, served by local bus stops on Bishopgate Street and New Station Street. Facilities include a taxi stand, left luggage office, and a number of restaurants and shops.
How To Get The Cheapest Tickets?
The rule of buying in advance to save money is not only valid when booking a flight but also for train travel. Train tickets are generally on sale 6 months before the departure date. Some train booking tips from us:
Do you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.